Hello everybody! I'm going to be posting my updates from truck driving here as much as possible. I'll have photos, stories and other things that I will be putting on here so all of you can keep track of where I am and what I am doing. Be sure to keep coming back to check for my updates! - Chris

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It's official, I'm driving for Gordon Trucking!

Hey, just checking in and making my first blog update of my new career! This is where I will be checking in as often as possible to update you, my friends and family about how life on the road is going. Letting you know what it's like from various places around the country! If anyone would like to E-mail me, be sure to send it to me @ info@norcalphoto.com .

Gordon contacted me on December 21st and let me that my application had been processed and that I am hired! I now have to wait until I'm 21 to drive commercially out of state. So, around the 16th of january or some time around there I'm going to take my drug and physical tests and then the week of the 31st, I am driving to medford oregon for a day or two of orientation and paper signing. Then I get back in my truck and drive home to wait for my trainer to call me. Probably the next day I will meet him at the 49er truck stop in sacramento to begin my 4 week training process. He will teach me how gordon works and how to drive a truck professionally. After 4 weeks I will be assigned my very own to truck! I will be dispatched for my very first time and I will be be out for another two weeks until I go home for a couple days...

I will let you know how everything goes a little later on in january. Until then, see ya on the road!

If you see a truck like this cruising down the road, be sure to peek over... It could be ME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Free