Hello everybody! I'm going to be posting my updates from truck driving here as much as possible. I'll have photos, stories and other things that I will be putting on here so all of you can keep track of where I am and what I am doing. Be sure to keep coming back to check for my updates! - Chris

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I'm back at home for awhile...

For those of you that don't visit CAD I've turned the keys in and I'm off the road for awhile. I really like being home at least at night to sleep and rather get a life back either local or maybe something else. It was very hard to lock the door and walk away to something that's been your whole life for the past year. I was able to get to see every state west of the mississippi including Tennesee and kentucky. I'm very proud of myself but when I closed that door I lost it and cried. I've been home for about 2 weeks now and Olivia and I just returned from Disneyland and Las Vegas from some much needed time to spend with Olivia. Trucking's harder for those you leave at home. Just think about that before you start.


I'll be off for another week or two but perhaps a bit sooner. When we were on our trip I got a call from Waste management but I really want to still drag a trailer around town. For those of you who messaged me about gordon here's the info. Gordon pays the best on the west coast. I've heard about dispatchers who don't get you the good miles but I ALWAYS got back east for being on a mainly west coast fleet. NEVER BE LATE, EVER and you will be fine and oh, don't have to much fun with your logbook...


Heres the last photo installment from my last week in the truck. Come back in a couple weeks and I'll have an update about a local job.



Northbound I-5 through the canyon.



Heading Northbound for the last time down ashland.

Over n' out drivers.
Chris

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, enjoyed your story. I drove for 4 months but hated not getting home at night. I have a clean record, but will probably not try it again.

8:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure have enjoyed your blog, thanks for the pictures! Be proud of your accomplishments, and enjoy being back home again!

6:40 PM

 
Blogger The Last Argonaut said...

Hey Chris... you might remember me as "Sans Argonauts" from over on the CAD Boards. :) I just checked out your blog for the first time. Wow... You really have a talent for photography, my friend. Have you thought about pursuing this obvious talent further? Keep the posts and the pictures coming. Have you found the local gig yet? :)

9:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whrn are you going to update the blog.

6:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the comment "DONT BE LATE.EVER!

Perfect reason to not get into trucking. They don't care about your safety, its all about the freight and the money.

I still miss the road....A LOT

But as long as it is a sweat shop on wheels,I won't go back. But yet it was somehow great all at once.

But that dont ever be late garbage....if a company does that, run.

12:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Free