Hello everybody! I'm going to be posting my updates from truck driving here as much as possible. I'll have photos, stories and other things that I will be putting on here so all of you can keep track of where I am and what I am doing. Be sure to keep coming back to check for my updates! - Chris

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

First week is over!

Wow guys, training is going pretty damn good... I got teamed up with one of the coolest trainers out there. He runs for target from albany, OR to stores in the bay area and sac three times a week. I didn't drive the first day but they second day I just drove between corning,ca and vacaville,ca on 505. Everything went good and I felt comfortable but it was all flat and not much excitement. During the last couple days I took on Ashland and sexton and all the hills between the OR border and eugene. I didn't do to bad but I just was not getting the downshifts. I watched my trainer and yesterday I got it real good. Extremely comfortable and I'm seriously having a blast out there. I'm trying to be a sponge as much as possible and absorb all the info I can although the first few days were scary as I was so overwhelmed. But, It's been a week and I have 3 more to go...

That's it for now, I'm in clackamas,OR right now at my friends house in Portland. We went to Joes Crabshack and ate some damn good food and now It's time to head on back to my truck. I'm all alone in the truck while my trainer takes his reset. See you guys soon with another update.

Chris

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's about time you updated this thing :) I'm glad your having fun! I'm sure you'll have lots of good stories for us when you get back :) Ok must go now.. I have 14 mins to submit my homework :( Take care.

11:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool to hear things are going well. Keep the updates coming and take some photos!!

8:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Free