Hello everybody! I'm going to be posting my updates from truck driving here as much as possible. I'll have photos, stories and other things that I will be putting on here so all of you can keep track of where I am and what I am doing. Be sure to keep coming back to check for my updates! - Chris

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Back and forth then repeat...

Well, I'm back in the same truck stop that I last posted in but I've been running hard since then! I left off here we a load of water going to the Walmart Distribution Center in Grantsville UT. I delivered there and then Went to Burley, Idaho where I spent the night so that I could pick up a load going to Winsconsin. I arrived at the customer to pick up my load and found out someone took my load when they were not supposed to. I was a bit upset that I couldn't do the 1800 mile run out there and then at least 2500miles back to Sacramento for hometime which would of equaled BIG time money, but I gave it up for nice 800 mile run... NOT. I had to run empty from Burley, Idaho to Pocatello,Idaho to pick up 45k pounds of Flour that was to be delivered to Irwindale, CA. YAY! I get to go back the exact same way I came up here and go to Los Angeles. Anyways, I took the load and delivered in LA yesterday and then picked up this load that's delivering at a Costco in Salt Lake City tomorrow morning. So I ran up here, back down to LA and then back up here agian.

What I like about gordon is that while it is "forced dispatch" meaning you can't pick and choose your loads but it is possible to a certain extent. I called them up earlier today and asked if there are any loads heading east so I don't have to go back to LA. I got a pre plan for a load going to Mt. Pleasant, Iowa carrying of all things, Pacific Mountain Bikes, you know those cheapy bikes at department stores. All my mountain bike friends should know all about these wonderful peices of metal... =)

P.S. Anyone want to buy a Nicolai UFO cheap? Message me!



Somewhere in Idaho...




A Frozen lake off the freeway in Idaho




Picking up a load of Flour in Pocatello, Idaho. This warehouse along with all the other ones in the are used to be an old army base that housed all the big guns and equiptment. RIght next store is the FBI Headquaters for the west coast.




On the way to Pocatello the road runs along the Snake river...




Pit stop along I-15 heading towards LA. Nothing like an ice cold Mountain Dew and some Funions... haha




Me, Myself and I

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your reports.
Mike

9:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez what a let down huh?? :( Oh well there will be plenty of time for you to make Big Bucks lol
Ok take care and be sure to watch out for those crazy minivan drivers lol

10:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meow...meow...purr...I miss you!

Orangie!

10:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep on rockin' out there, dude. I have your blog linked up to my Google homepage now, which is pretty neat. More later...

12:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Free