Hello everybody! I'm going to be posting my updates from truck driving here as much as possible. I'll have photos, stories and other things that I will be putting on here so all of you can keep track of where I am and what I am doing. Be sure to keep coming back to check for my updates! - Chris

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I'm getting my truck!

Well, I had this huge page all typed out and I lost it... oh well, heres the basics...

I found out that tomorrow we are getting the keys to our trucks! No, we don't get to leave yet, but we do get to find out what truck is our and do a full blown inspection. Anything that we find wrong or something that's not how we want it, we write it down and tomorrow night it's fixed and ready for us on friday so that we can finish up here and hopefully taking off on my own with my first dispatch down to sacramento...I hope!

Anyways, I found out what truck I'm getting. A 2300 or 2400 Series Columbia!!! The truck I wanted. It's not brand new but it's a hell of a lot better than some of the other trucks students get. It's a manual so I can grind the gears instead of stupid semi automatic trucks...bleh. I'm not sure what exact truck it is yet, but I'm just so excited I'm getting a columbia, I can finally stop worrying about which one I'm going to get!

My truck will look basically like this...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the Pilot in Ontario?

1:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha cool. Its fun moving into a new truck :)

11:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, until you're asked to shuttle a truck from one yard to another.

Move out of old/into new truck - 2 hours

Drive to yard - ? hours

Move into the next truck - 2 hours

Or better yet, take second truck back to move into original truck.

Rinse repeat...

2:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Free