Hello everybody! I'm going to be posting my updates from truck driving here as much as possible. I'll have photos, stories and other things that I will be putting on here so all of you can keep track of where I am and what I am doing. Be sure to keep coming back to check for my updates! - Chris

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hey Everyone!!! I'm back in portland at derricks house. Actually I'm in Vancouver Washington right over the river from portland. Since I've last talked to you we have been down to redding and then back to Halsey OR at the Georgia pacific lumber yard then back up to Albany OR to the Target HQ's. From there we went down to Redding and back up and then down to Pinole, CA to a target store. From there we picked up a load in Oakland in the land of those crazy Container drivers and picked up a load to Lacy, WA. We dropped that off in Clackamas (Portland) and here I am right now. I've been driving every day and it's been the full 11 hours maximum. Lot's of driving but I'm loving it. It can only get better when I get my own truck and actually get paid for every mile I'm driving. Right now during training my trainer get's paid per mile even though he is in the back or sitting shotgun. Yesterday and today he's gone back into the sleeper and watched a movie when I've been driving and it makes me feel like I'm out there driving solo... I love it! I'll update more soon. I forgot my camera agian in the truck... damn. Oh well, I'll have a lot of shots for you guys when I get my act together and remember to bring it!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should call me and let me know what time you'll be in Roseville Sunday... The girls and I will come see you, bring you some costo artichoke dip :p
Anyways, be good and stay out of trouble while away from the truck lol
TTYL

9:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the cobra 29 night watch in my truck 2...Its awesome at night, not having 2 turn on the interior light 2 see the controls of it...It also gets out loud and clear 2...Pick u up an external speaker by the way at any truck-stop, makes it sound sweeter;)

11:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris I really like your site here. I'd like to catch ya sometime and ask ya a few questions about Gordon. In case I miss your comments on your blog I wish you'd contact me at typer_1954@msn.com, by the way, my names Darrell from S/W Missouri,,,,,,,,, Take care out there :)

5:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

get your act together, I wanna see those photos!!

1:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,
I enjoy your site, keep the updates coming.
I'm a recent graduate from a trucking school and am about to begin my training with gordon.
Any advice you could give me would be great.
You can contact me if you want @
bbbooth77@gmail.com
thanks
ben

9:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whars the updates/???///?

7:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pictures!!

4:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Free