Hello everybody! I'm going to be posting my updates from truck driving here as much as possible. I'll have photos, stories and other things that I will be putting on here so all of you can keep track of where I am and what I am doing. Be sure to keep coming back to check for my updates! - Chris

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Big trucks go bang

I think I could of stayed at home a bit later than I did. I shut the truck down for the day at 2:15pm. Way to early but I'm kind of screwed if I go any further. I'm on top of the grapevine heading south. I deliver my first drop at 7:30am in Pico Rivera near LA then I deliver my second drop in temecula which is between LA and San Diego fron 9am-1pm. I could go further but trying to find a truckstop in the middle of rush hour traffic in LA wouldn't be fun. It's almost impossible to find a truckstop because I don't even think there are any! So I'm going to get up around 4am and start heading down the road. Even if I get stopped in traffic in LA I'll still have plenty of time to make my appointment time. Flying J's truck stop which is a HUGE nationwide chain has some pretty cheap internet. 5bucks for 12hrs seems good to me. I'm parked here in the front row right by the fuel island. I was editing some photos from today when I hear a loud bang and I look over to see a truck rolled into a truck parked on the island behind him. Almost immediately a handfull of truckers gather around. The driver in the truck sits in his truck for awhile with his hands on his head... DOH! I wouldn't want to be in that situation. I didn't see too much damage other than a few new dents on the front of the truck and the trailer that hit the truck had it's DOT bumper was all bent... ooops....



Over n' out,
Chris

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in the LA area, Lakewood specifically right off the 605! haha, you should stop by our office sometime.

10:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops! I've seen that happen a few times. Glad never to me :) Stay careful out there!

4:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea...that happens to me all the time, no biggy

9:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Free