Hello everybody! I'm going to be posting my updates from truck driving here as much as possible. I'll have photos, stories and other things that I will be putting on here so all of you can keep track of where I am and what I am doing. Be sure to keep coming back to check for my updates! - Chris

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Movin' east

Yup, I finally got out of the California, Oregon, Nevada runs! I'm in Utah about an hour out of Salt Lake City sitting in a truckstop. Tomorrow morning I'm delivering my load of 44,000lbs of Sam Club (walmart) Water Bottles to the Walmart DC in Grantsville,UT. I've had an exciting last couple of days, the most exciting was Delivering at the Lowes DC in Perris,CA. (Photo's below that explain why). I had to cut it SUPER SUPER close to get to las vegas last night but I got here safley and legally so it all worked out. I finally got rid of all the old 3-axle trailers that pull sideways big time and now I have a real nice 2-axle that I didn't even have to rock back and forth to get the tandems to slide. I was happy. Enough, click on the photos below to make them larger!



Heres the situation, whoever designed this parking lot is obviously not a trucker. How they have the back row set up is horrible. Theres not enough room to properly set up and back in to the spot without going over the curb. It turned out to be a blind side back which means for everyone that doesn't know what it is, It's backing up while not being able to see the rear or even the trailer. But this back was different, I was setup so that it would NOT be a blindside but because of how the rear of the trailer swings out it turned into one because I couldn't see. It sucked big time but I did it. It's the hardest back I've done and it beats Blure Heron Paper in Oregon city hands down.




I wasn't going to go over the curb but when I looked up and down the fence I realised that everyone does it. I now know why I saw a bunch of day cabs leaving the place and not one sleeper...




I-15 going north from Las vegas leaves nevada and then enters arizona for a short while the it's into utah. This is entering the canyon in Arizona




Just outside of Nephi, Utah where I am right now.



A nice view and free internet is always nice. I was thinking about the internet so much on the way here that I realized after I pulled in that we don't fuel here (I don't need fuel anyways) but that means no free shower, I have to pay a stinkin' 10 bucks... BOO =)




The famous Las Vegas Sign near where I picked up my load this morning.




Hopefully I didn't lose all my readers when I didn't update for so long but don't worry, I'm going to update all the time now...

Chris

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DIdn't lose me! I think I've been to Blue Heron. I know exactly what you are talking about :) Good to hear the updates will be more forthcoming! Wait until you load out of the girl scout factory in NJ Not only tight blindside backing, but into a narrow doorway that is pitch black inside. That one was the worst ever. I snuck into the factory though and it was super interesting to wander around in :)

11:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea the other day when I was blind side backing I hit this curb and....blah blah blah...j/k I hope your having fun and ill see you soon keep taking pretty pictures. xoxo

9:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog but I miss you Sea Otter pictures.

6:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris...its Paul, Dog Welder from Ridemonkey. How you been bud? Reading your posts and seeing those pictures makes me want to take up driving truck. How about some pictures of the inside of your truck? I've always wanted to see how they looked in those sleepers. Drive safe.

6:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris...its Paul, Dog Welder from Ridemonkey. How you been bud? Reading your posts and seeing those pictures makes me want to take up driving truck. How about some pictures of the inside of your truck? I've always wanted to see how they looked in those sleepers. Drive safe.

6:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Free