Hello everybody! I'm going to be posting my updates from truck driving here as much as possible. I'll have photos, stories and other things that I will be putting on here so all of you can keep track of where I am and what I am doing. Be sure to keep coming back to check for my updates! - Chris

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Made to iowa...

This morning I'm sitting in a truck stop in Council Bluffs, Iowa which is right on the border of Nebraska and Iowa. I'm way ahead of schedule like I always am which is good but gives me a lot of free time. Anyways, I last talked to you when I was taking my reset and since then I picked up my loaded trailer in the Salt Lake City yard and drove 5hrs to Rawlings, Wyoming where I spent the night. I got up yesterday morning and drove about 10.5 hrs to where I am right now. It was a very interesting drive. I won't go into details but let's just say that there are some real creepy people out here on the road... yuck. Here's my photos from yesterday (click on them to make them larger)





One of those rare giant wyoming coyotes...





It was blowing hard all the way across Wyoming. There were a bunch of signs saying "Caution 45mph wind gusts". This mini dust storm was from a field on the other side of the freeway.



I live off of this stuff. Here I am in Kimball, Nebraska. It said that there was a subway at this exit so I took expecting it to be right off the freeway. Well, it was about a mile inside a tight little town... oops. Well, I parked across the street next to another truck so it all worked out.




We don't have these bosselman travel centers back home so I had some time to kill so I stopped. This place had everything so I spent some good time snooping around all the truck accessories.





I've seen a lot of other people post a photo like this and I never knew where it was from. I noticed something in the distance and it was this. I don't know really what it is, but it was cool to see after miles and miles of nothing...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you forgot the photo of the easter bunny that you ran over lol :)
Sorry you missed out on the egg hunt this year :( Next year we will fight it out!!!
Ok man hope to see you soon, be careful out there!
Oh and if you ask the girls who drives the big blue truck, they both say "Chris" lol I got them to say GTI tonight :)
Bye for now!!!

11:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen that b4...lol...Don't know what it is, but it looks weird drivin' up on it...lol...

11:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Free