Hello everybody! I'm going to be posting my updates from truck driving here as much as possible. I'll have photos, stories and other things that I will be putting on here so all of you can keep track of where I am and what I am doing. Be sure to keep coming back to check for my updates! - Chris

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Back in town for the night...

It's been up and down the last couple days. My load that got me out of sacramento was delayed 6hrs so I sat in my truck and twiddled my thumbs but the run up to portland went smoothly and it was nice to be back on I-5 since I know what's around every turn and I really do enjoy running through the twists and turns of the "canyon" in Dunsmuir,Northern California. I then picked up a 3 drop load that delivered to a costco in Vancouver,WA at 4:30am, a Portland store at 6:30am and a Bend,OR store at 11:30. It was very close and I was about ready to pull my hair out on the way to my last stop. The combonation of RVer's and grannies out for their weekend drive through the woods made the drive quite bad, but it in the end I made it on time. Theres nothing like delivering a load with just minutes to spare... All of a sudden all this weight has been lifted off your shoulders. I refuse to get a service failure, 99% of the time I drop the load a couple days before my delivery day so I can keep moving. Sitting on loads is not fun I found out very quickly. I picked up this load that I'm on right now thats delivering at 2:00am in Tustin,CA South of Los Angeles on monday. Then I move over to the Fontana Gordon Yard to get my truck worked on for a while and hopefully after that I will be heading out east agian... I hope.

Photos will be coming hopefully in the next couple days, Until then keep the shiny side up!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez between minivan drivers, old people and RVers, the road is just sure hell for you lol
So your home for the night??? Is that why I haven't heard from my GF??? Anyways glad to hear that all is well and you haven't been late (my biggest pet peeve!)
Hope to see you soon :)

12:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IM GLAD YOU GOT TO COME HOME LAST NIGHT SO I COULD SEE YOU IM GLAD WE GOT TO GO TO DINNER AND A MOVIE I HAD A GREAT TIME I CANT WAIT UNTIL YOUR BACK AGAIN!!!
I LOVE YOU XOXO

8:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Free