Hello everybody! I'm going to be posting my updates from truck driving here as much as possible. I'll have photos, stories and other things that I will be putting on here so all of you can keep track of where I am and what I am doing. Be sure to keep coming back to check for my updates! - Chris

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Quickly checking in...

It's been awhile since I've updated but it's been a hard couple of days. I left Sacramento and drove to the Grapevine where I slept for a couple hours so that I could get up at 11pm and deliver at 2am near Santa Ana, just south of Los Angeles. From there I went to the gordon yard and waited around for two days to get some work done. Quite funny how they brought me into the shop at 10am on monday and I sat there right until 5pm when they said that I had to move out since the shop was closing... no work was done. hmmm........................ So I drove back into the shop the next morning and they worked on my truck for an hour and said I was could leave. Now I was excited that I could get back out there on the road, but my load didn't arrive in the yard until 11pm... Another day of sitting around twiddling my fingers. When I my load arrived I got the heck out of town and drove for 7 hours to Tuscon Arizona. That was my first all night driving experience and I can't really say that it was my favorite but that's truckin' for you. In LA I had some idiot get upset with me so he decided to pull in front of me and brake check me (always a smart thing to do to a big truck... yeah right) on purpose and then agian a bit later someone threw some rocks at me through their sunroof and then flip me the bird... how nice! I made it here safely and things have gotten better. I finished my last drop at a costco here and I went to eat at a Cracker Barrel restraunt. I haven't been to one of those since my mom and I used to take out cross country RV trips every summer.... Still the same and I really enjoyed it. I just woke up from a 16hr little nap and I'm picking up load which is going to a little teeny town south of Dallas, Texas. I'm happy and ready to get back out there on the road.


Not enough time to upload any photos right now but I will have some time either tonight or tomorrow so check back!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok so I would have been pretty upset if I had to sit for two days in a shop but at least your truck is safe now! What did you do to make those drivers so mad??? I told you not to wear that clown costume when driving trucks... People don't like clowns... Geez I hope you learned your lesson lol :)
Ok gotta go but be safe and I'll see ya soon!

9:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh darn another crappy day out on the road... darn I guess youll have to come home!!!! j/k I hope your havin a better day today. be safe xoxo

11:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Free