Hello everybody! I'm going to be posting my updates from truck driving here as much as possible. I'll have photos, stories and other things that I will be putting on here so all of you can keep track of where I am and what I am doing. Be sure to keep coming back to check for my updates! - Chris

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Big hills and lots of them...

Back in Salt Lake City.....agian. From Denver I headed over to Oregon with a heavy load of Purina Dog food. Dropped that at the Walmart in Herminston, Oregon. I made a newbie mistake. I dumped my airbags to get out from underneath a heavy trailer like I always do only this time I got stuck in one of the many ditches that fill the drop yard. I was able to dig myself out of the hole quickly but I forgot to flip the switch to supply the bags with air. I Bobtailed around the rough yard with my bags drained and in the proccess popped all four bags off their seals...oooops. Had to get a repair guy out to re-seat them all. I learned my lesson. I grabbed an empty and drove to Lewiston, Idaho to pick up some paper products to take to Salt Lake. I ended up parked on the side of the road last night but it was really nice night. Warm and really pretty... (see below). After I drop this load tomorrow morning I'm picking up a load of Athletic Equiptment and taking it to Fontana near LA and then a load back home! I can't wait. It's been 3 weeks since I've been home and I'm ready to relax for a couple days until I'm ready to come back out here!





It took me almost 30 minutes to go down this hill. It's a lot steeper than it looks. Going down in 6th or 7th gear with the jakes on high took awhile. I totally was not expecting it along with the real tight and twisty turns. Although the drive was beautiful, crusing along the river rapids and small towns off US95.





Cabbage Hill. I've heard stories about this and it wasn't as bad as I expected although I know it must be one heck of a different story during the winter...




I thought Colorado was full of forests and mountain streams? Not South Eastern Colorado...




Rolling hills of Idaho.





I think those lights in the mudflap are pretty damn cool...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez Chris breakin the shit already lol :) Well I guess we all make mistakes! Glad your commin home!!! Our girlfriend needs someone to cruise in her new car since I have the monsters lol
Oh and I think Gordon should pay you for some of those pics of the truck :) (hint hint to all you Gordon people!!)
Ok see ya soon buddy!

9:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey chris good to see those blogs coming veary nice mudflaps most be exspensive..

10:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lived near White Bird Hill for four years, and always wondered what speed was best for trucks -- from your post, I've settled on 20 mph! The hills to the left are the site of the beginning of the Nez Perce Indian War of 1877. Beautiful country, and a challenge to make time! Thanks for your site & pics!

4:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Free