Hello everybody! I'm going to be posting my updates from truck driving here as much as possible. I'll have photos, stories and other things that I will be putting on here so all of you can keep track of where I am and what I am doing. Be sure to keep coming back to check for my updates! - Chris

Saturday, May 06, 2006

North to Colorado!

You know that Johnny Cash song named "I've been everywhere"? I'm getting there. I've been all around texas the last couple days. Last night I dodged some tornados and the biggest lightning storm I've seen for a long time. It was real cool watching the light show for a couple hours last night because we sure don't have lightning like that back home. Three tornados touched down 40 miles west of me last night and then headed southeast around me. I was spared but I was nervous. I had the XM radio weather channel on, the weatherband station and the tv going with the news. All is well now and I made my deliveries and pick up's this morning with only the normal problems. Seems like I have some bad luck with finding highway on ramps going the direction I want. For example today I wanted to go north on 35. THe only on ramp was going south. Now do I go south and take a chance getting off the road and turning around at some exit further down, or continue down the road that the customer was off of. I picked the last one and After awhile the road started going downtown... Which is defiently somewhere I didn't want to go. So I pulled one of my famous U-turns. So far in the last couple months since I started driving I've pulled quite a few even in my hometown of sacramento....doh! Lesson learned, don't talk on the phone while trying to find a customer... haha.

Anyways the internet connection here is e..t...r....e...m...e...l...y slow and that doesn't really work well with uploading some photos, well to be exact about 30 of them. So I'll post a couple favorites now and the rest the next time I'm in a truckstop.

Theres nothing like driving down the road looking straight down a barrel of a tank.... Somewhere in New Mexico




Going through El Paso, Texas. One side is the USA the other side of the river is mexico...




Remember that huge coyote I posted earlier from my trip through Wyoming, well heres the Texas equivlent. One of those huge rare Long horns. I guess it's true how everything is bigger is Texas. Also, notice those clouds. Shortly after that I hit a real nice thunderstorm. While not as exciting as the one I was in last night in Dallas, it did clean my truck off pretty good.




Finally those blue skies that I've been hoping for. Taken earlier today heading north on US287 towards Amarillo,TX





One of the many dust tornado's twirling around in New Mexico.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing you didnt get hit by any of the big swirly thing that could pick you and your truck up and cary you away that would be no good....man the cow in that pic is a really big cow gees ... he would have really dented your truck if he got swept up in the clouds with you and we all know you wouldnt want that lol..anyways mid im just blabing so im gonna go but ill talk to you in the am im glad your having fun i love you xoxo

9:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those r sweet pics man...Ur truck is lookin' sharp 2...I believe I was on that US-287 headin'north a few months ago...

1:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in Texas and we have had some wicked storms latley, I live north of dalls on highway 75, anytime you are coming through Denison or Sherman drop me an e-mail..squeak898@hotmail.com.

thanks
Andrew

8:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Free